Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dijon Pork Chops

I found this recipe on Taste Of Home's website. I like pork chops but didn't have a recipe to dress them up. I was a little hesitant to try them w/ Dijon mustard, but I'm glad I did! Now it's my favorite way to fix them! Very tasty...surprisingly, not a strong mustard taste. The girls even eat them! =) I like that they are ultra easy to prepare!

Any changes to the recipe that I did when preparing will appear in dark pink beside ingredients or in the instructions.

DIJON PORK CHOPS:

FROM: Taste Of Home
SERVINGS: 4-6
CATEGORY: Main Dish

METHOD: Baked
TIME: Prep Time: 15 min/Bake Time: 20-30 min. / Total Time 35-45 mins.



Ingredients:
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I don't measure, squeeze on spoon and spread)
4-6 boneless pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 3/4-inch thick) (I use whatever pork chops I have on hand, including bone-in. Just up the cooking time if they are thicker)
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I usually use a boxed pork bread crumb mix. I mix it w/ a few Tbs. of flour.)
Dash pepper

(I've completely changed the directions cause mine were easier! LOL!)

Directions: Place crumbs & pepper on small plate. Spread mustard on one side of pork chop. Place pork chop mustard side down on crumbs, press down with spoon. Spread mustard on side facing you, and flip to coat. Place in greased 9 X 13 baking dish. Bake, uncovered, @ 375 degrees for 20 - 30 mins.

(I've had a problem with the coating sticking to the bottom of the pan, but I forget to grease it so that might be the problem. You can just put the mustard on the bottom and not the crumb coating. Still taste great!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Well, I made these pork chops tonight. They were very tasty!! I personally love Dijon mustard, so I spread it on pretty thick. =) The kids thought it was a touch "hot", so I would probably put a little less on next time for them. Flavorful and easy! Thanks, Laura! =)

Lost in FWA said...

Hey thanks for the input Sarah!

There are a lot of different kinds of Dijon mustard. So you could always try a more mild one to please the kids. =) We don't use it that often so the one I have is not real spicy.

Did you get Mr. Gourmet cheif to try them out?? haha!

-Laura-

Sarah said...

Yeah, the Dijon mustard we have is the real stuff(something from France), so it is pretty potent! Dana did try them. He liked the flavor, but said I maybe cooked them a bit too long.=p (Mr. Expert here!) =) They were pretty thin, and I think I did, too. But we thought it was a good recipe and I will probably make it again.

Lost in FWA said...

Ahhhh..yes nothing like a critic! =) LOL!

-Laura-