Friday, April 24, 2009

Asparagus Beef Stir -Fry

I came across this recipe just a few weeks ago. I am not a stir fry fan, but John & I both like asparagus, so I thought I'd give it a try. We ended up fighting over the leftovers the next day! LOL! Definitely a keeper here! For those of you who don't care for asparagus, you could always try substituting broccoli or sugar snap peas!


Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry

FROM: Taste of Home
SERVINGS: 4 (can be easily adjusted for more servings)
CATEGORY: Main Dish

METHOD: Fry
TIME: Prep 15mins /Cook Time: 20mins/ Total Time: 35mins


Ingredients:
1 lb. beef tenderloin, cubed (I used whatever thin cut beef I had on hand)
1 green onion, sliced (We like onions, so I used one small white onion thinly sliced)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 lb. fresh asparagus, trimmed & cut into 2-in. pieces
1/2 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms (8 oz. package) (We like mushrooms, could have used more)
1/4 C. butter, cubed
1 Tbs. soy sauce
1-1/2 tsp. lemon juice
4-6 C. Hot cooked rice

Directions:
In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry the beef, onion, garlic, salt and pepper in oil for 5-10 minutes; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry the asparagus and mushrooms in butter until asparagus is tender. Return beef mixture to the pan. Stir in soy sauce and lemon juice; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Jeni said...

So Noah and I made this for dinner tonight...two thumbs up! We ended up with 12 oz of mushrooms...and had half of the asparagus we were supposed to. (But that's my fault...I didn't buy enough) I doubled the amount of soy sauce and lemon juice and still felt like I could have used more. I'm a sodiumaholic though...then again... now that I think about it...Noah said the same thing and we all know he's perfect sooo..

I'm not sayin'...I'm just sayin'.

We're definitely making this again.